Would you like to work for an organisation that supports Scotland by collecting taxes that are spent in Scotland?
We are an ambitious organisation, forward-thinking, embracing new ways of working and investing in our future. We are a diverse and inclusive organisation that values the health and wellbeing of our staff. We are a high performing organisation where staff feel trusted, valued, motivated and empowered.
As civil servants, we are required to adhere to the standards set out in the Civil Service Code. In addition to this, we have established our own staff charter to guide our behaviours at work and make this a great place to work. They are:
- respect people as individuals
- be inclusive and supportive and recognise the importance of enjoyment and wellbeing at work
- act with integrity and honesty
- recognise achievement and the value of the work we do to support the people of Scotland
- strive for continuous improvement and to maximise your potential
- commit to learning, development and professional excellence
- encourage partnership working and team building
All vacancies with Revenue Scotland can be found on the Work for Scotland website.
The rewards of working with Revenue Scotland include:
- pension (subject to eligibility)
- flexible working patterns
- generous annual leave and public holiday allowance
- commitment to at least 5 days learning and development each year
- access to Employee Assistance provider who offers 24/7 advice and support
What our staff say about working for Revenue Scotland
“I enjoy working for Revenue Scotland because the organisation cares about me as a person and about my professional and personal development. There is a true spirit of cooperation and shared goals all working around helping our customers.”
“In my role as a tax specialist, I am given opportunity to lead on high profile and interesting pieces of work, with opportunities to develop and increase my knowledge and learn new skills. Developing myself out with my main role in the organisation is actively encouraged and there is a real feeling of support and encouragement to allow me to reach my full potential.”
"Revenue Scotland is a friendly place to work. The virtual induction was a and well-organised programme to follow for the first 4 weeks. I found having a designated ‘Buddy’ a great help. Calls with Head of Tax and Senior Leadership Team, usually people who you know about but seldom have the opportunity to talk to, absolutely not the case in Revenue Scotland and I don’t feel that is down the of the size of the organisation I feel it is more the ethos of the organisation and hope this is never lost through growth.”
In response to COVID-19 Revenue Scotland staff are currently working from home. Your induction and learning will be undertaken remotely and you will be required to be working from a home environment where confidentiality can be maintained. As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic we aspire to be an agile workforce that allows individuals flexibility regarding where and when they work, enabling staff health and well-being to thrive.
Get in touch to find out more about working at Revenue Scotland.