As an Administrator you can:
- amend the sign-up details;
- set up and delete additional users; and
- add an email address for Revenue Scotland to notify you of emails in your account
How do I amend the sign-up details on my account?
Once logged into the Online Portal, you can amend your details by selecting ‘My Profile’ and amending the details as applicable. We will be notified about any amendments you make to this information. Only Administrators can make these changes.
How do I set up other users on this account?
Administrator account access allows you to set up other users. These users can have access rights as you choose. The three options are:
- Amend Sign up Details (portal);
- Create a User (portal); and
- Maintain a User (Portal);
- Maintain Draft LBTT Return (portal); and
- View submitted returns.
- Maintain Draft LBTT Return (portal);
- Submit LBTT Return (portal);
- View submitted returns;
- Amend submitted returns (portal); and
- Secure messaging (portal).
To set up a new user, you need to carry out the following steps:
1. Select ‘Administration’ tab;
2. Select ‘User Management’;
3. Select ‘Users’;
4. Select ‘Add’:
5. Carry out the following for each additional User:
- the User Name is auto generated;
- the Initial Password is to be set by the Administrator (this must meet our password policy – see earlier on in this guidance). When setting the password, this needs to be verified by re-entering the password.;
- select ‘Assign Roles’
- select the applicable option(s) (Administrator; Creation; Submission); and
- then select ‘OK’;
- enter the Full Name of the User;
- enter a unique email address for the User; and finally
- select ‘OK’.
6. Once the above process is complete you will need to provide the user that you have created with the Username and password you have created for them.
7. With the credentials provided, the user will need to access https://login.revenue.scot and enter the Username and password. Upon the new user’s first log-in they will also be required to change their password (which must meet our password policy – see elsewhere in this guidance).
8. The User set-up process is now complete.
How do I add an email address for notifications?
Administrators can add an email address for Revenue Scotland to notify when a secure message has been sent to your account. This will not provide the details of the message, but will advise when this has been received. This can be updated at any time by the administrator of the account.
To add or amend this, select the ‘Actions’ menu on the Account Profile section of the ‘My Profile’ tab and select ‘Change Secure Messaging Notification Email’. You can now add, change or remove this email address. If there is no email address selected, you will not receive notifications, however the messages will still be received into the inbox.
Web Services Token
This token is provided to allow submissions of LBTT returns via commercial software providers. This can be generated by navigating to ‘My Profile’ at the top of the screen. From the ‘Actions’ menu, select ‘Generate New Web Service Token’. This will generate a token which will display on the screen and should be provided to your Commercial Software provider. For more information on this, please see our pages for Commercial Software Providers.