There are different ways to submit a lease return and a further lease review return depending if you are an agent or a taxpayer.
You can submit your lease return or a review using the Scottish Electronic Tax System (SETS). The online portal can only be used by users registered for this system including solicitors and agents. This option is not available to private individuals acting in an individual capacity.
We have created a step by step guidance on how to submit a return using SETS. View our guidance on:
If you are a tenant you can submit your lease review, assignation or termination return using our online portal for taxpayers. This system should be used by tenant taxpayers only. You do not have to sign up to use the system and will have 90 minutes to complete the return.
The following information is required to complete your LBTT lease return:
- The lease agreement, showing information such as the start and end dates of the lease
- The transaction reference of the LBTT return originally submitted for the lease
- The effective date of the LBTT return originally submitted for the lease.
- A recalculation of the total LBTT payable on the lease.
- How much LBTT has already been paid on the lease.
View our guidance on how to submit an online lease return review for tenants.
Returns for lease transactions with more than one tenant should be completed using the new online return forms and emailed to Revenue Scotland.
- RS-0004.1 Three Year Lease Review Return.pdf
- RS-0004.2 Lease Assignation Return.pdf
- RS-0004.3 Lease Termination Return.pdf
View our guidance on how to submit a lease return review using our online forms.