As part of its commitment to contributing to a fair and equal society in Scotland, Revenue Scotland is an organisation which has fairness and inclusion at the heart of its operation as a public service provider and as an employer.
Revenue Scotland has a duty under the Equality Act 2010 to ensure that they act to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Advance equality of opportunity between different groups; and
- Foster good relations between different groups.
Public authorities are also required to:
- consider how their policies or decisions affect people according their protected characteristics (age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; and sexual orientation); and
- publish Equality Outcomes and a mainstreaming report to demonstrate how they are meeting the equality duty.
- Equalities Mainstreaming Reports