Acquiring dwellings for disabled adult children



Brian owns a main residence which he lives in with his son, Wilson, who is grown up but has special needs. Brian then decides to purchase a dwelling for Wilson to live in on his own as his main residence. Brian takes legal advice and decides that Wilson will take title to the dwelling in his own name, although Brian will pay for it.

At the end of the day that is the effective date of the transaction, Wilson owns only one dwelling therefore the ADS will not apply.

Last updated