Where an inspection is reasonably required for the purpose of checking your devolved tax position we may enter (see RSTP2033) your business premises and inspect (see RSTP2034):
- the premises (see RSTP2035);
- the business assets on those premises (see RSTP2037); and
- the business documents on those premises (see RSTP2038).
We do not have power to enter or inspect any part of premises used solely as a dwelling, but we can inspect premises where a business is run from your home (see RSTP2024).
For further guidance about:
- the carrying out of an inspection on your business premises see RSTP2022;
- our powers in relation to information and documents whilst carrying out an inspection see RSTP2028; and
- our other general powers in relation to the inspection of your business premises see RSTP2023.