LBTT statistics up to and including July 2023:
- A total self-reported tax liability of £77.7m was declared by taxpayers in July 2023. This is down 3% on last month.
- The tax liability, excluding ADS, declared in July 2023 was £56.8m. This is £1.8m less than June 2023, and £6.4m less than July 2022.
- In comparison to the previous month, residential liabilities, excluding ADS, increased by £1.4m and non-residential liabilities, excluding ADS, decreased by £3.2m.
- A total of 10,290 notifiable land and building transactions were reported in July 2023, which is 70 more than June 2023, and 370 more than July 2022.
- 8,980 residential LBTT returns were submitted in July 2023, which is the second lowest number for the month of July. The lowest ever July figure (4,840) was recorded in 2020, which was affected by the COVID 19 pandemic.
We have made some changes to our LBTT publication this month in order to maximise accessibility and readability. If you have any feedback on these changes or suggestions about our monthly LBTT publication please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org